The substantive work of AIPPI involves the study of topical issues in IP and the development of resolutions that are debated, amended, and adopted at annual Congress meetings. Typically, there is a study question in at least each of the areas of Patents, Trademarks, Designs/Copyright, and IP Litigation.
The 2023 Congress will address issues of:
- [Patents] – Doctrine of Equivalents
- [Trademarks] – Proving Trademark Use
- [Copyright] – Collecting Societies
- [Litigation] – Responsibility of online marketplaces for online infringement of Industrial Property Rights
- [Pharma] – Experimental Use
Members are encouraged to reach out to the chairs of the various Canadian committees to get involved in developing the Canadian National Group’s position on these topics for debate and discussion in Istanbul in October.
The resolutions adopted at earlier Congresses and all the summary reports, study guidelines, and national group reports are available from the AIPPI library here.